link to Home Page

Re: Why do the planets continue to revolve?

Article: <59kgbg$5pl@sjx-ixn3.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Why do the planets continue to revolve?
Date: 22 Dec 1996 23:30:56 GMT

In article <32baa105.0@news.cranfield.ac.uk> Simon Read writes
> You can't create or destroy momentum, but you can transfer it
> from one place to another. ... Actually, the solar wind travels
> outwards, ie radially, so it does not change the angular momentum
> of a body about the sun. In other words, the solar wind, of itself,
> doesn't cause the orbit to get faster or slower. ... Due to the
> earth hitting these particles all the time, there is a miniscule
> force retarding the earth's orbital motion. Thus we might expect the
> earth's motion to gradually slow down, but really it would be a
> very very slow deceleration.
> Simon Read <nfic@internetmci.com>

I believe you've contradicted yourself, Simon, an issue the Zetas would like to expand upon .. and ask you to explain!

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
Those humans who do not worship Newton as a god tend to avoid confronting those who do by allowing contradictory explanations to coexist side by side. Prove to us, Simon, that you are truly a scientist who deals with facts, NO MATTER HOW PAINFUL, by addressing the contradiction in your posting. The pain we are referring to is the pain of rebuff, the loud cries of foul and fool directed to anyone who challenges what the children are currently clinging to as an edict from their current god. You placated these children by quoting the law, first, and thereafter began an open minded discussion. We're here to see if you can put the discussion first, and dare to aggravate the children by pointing out how it in fact contradicts the god's laws.

Human's know the solar wind exists due to comet tails, which flare AWAY from the Sun. Thus, the solar wind is a THING, not a hypothesis. Simon has mentioned that the solar wind pushes against the Earth, too, and as the solar wind moves in front of the traveling Earth, has the effect of slowing the Earth as the Earth must then PUSH AGAINST this wind, which is a THING. At this point the prior statement that all angular momentum is conserved, cannot be destroyed but can only be transferred, has been shown as merely a courtesy to the children who worship Newton as a god, as these two statements are NOT RECONCILED.

The reconciliation required is as follows: By your logic, the forward motion of the Earth into the solar wind would STOP or PUSH FORWARD the wind in its path, either action taking away from the angular momentum the Earth has in its revolutions. Can't be destroyed. Can be transferred. So, by your logic, the Earth is forever expending its angular momentum in this way, yet shows no change in its revolution pace! Day in, day out, bumping into this THING which is solar wind, expending its angular momentum, that can only result in a slowing revolution!

Rather than say this is so infinitesimal that it will never matter, it should be measurable. A simple measure it the amount of STUFF in a comet's tail that is blown outward, away from the Sun. What's the composition, and how does that mass line up to the mass of the Earth. It should all be fodder for the mathematicians, who AVOID this because they are on bended knee to Newton and other gods the children are clinging too. You call yourselves scientists?
(End ZetaTalk[TM])