link to Home Page

Re: Eric Kline CANNOT DEFEND his Newton Argument - Response # 3

Article: <59nao3$mbu@dfw-ixnews6.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Eric Kline CANNOT DEFEND his Newton Argument - Response # 3
Date: 24 Dec 1996 01:13:39 GMT

Eric Kline once again, for the THIRD TIME, is unable to defend the argument he posted in response to the Why do the planets continue to revolve? thread. The Zetas challenged him to defend his argument, pointing out a glaring discrepancy and contradiction. He has, for the THIRD TIME, come back with diversions and insults, but NOT addressed the points that the Zetas make, listed, once again, below.

In article <32BE2F38.3F30@acs.tamu.edu> Eric retorts
> I've been challenged by telepathic aliens. Oh dear! .. ...
> And OH MY GOD, I've actually referenced web sites where any
> one can go and learn about orbital mechanics. THE HORROR!!
> eric kline <emk9267@acs.tamu.edu>

Below, what the Zetas asked Eric to defend.

[repost of Zeta challenge]

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
Let's just follow the logic you presented, Eric, along the paths nature would put it upon. Your planets do not ALL have the same orbit, as you are aware. The Earth's year, with 365 days and a fraction, is a much faster orbit than the outer planets. The orbits are not circular. Thus, the planets come closer or farther from each other regularly, and perturb each other. All this you've said. BUT, you failed to apply your God Newton's law to this happenstance, all the while claiming to worship him.

What does perturb mean? This is recorded in a CHANGE in the motion, else it would be a meaningless term. I could say the planets HARUMPF, but give no evidence of this, and none would agree. Therefore, PERTURB gives evidence, and this evidence is a slowing or speeding up, or a wider orbit or closer orbit, but it most certainly does NOT mean NO CHANGE.

So .. given that the planets CHANGE when they are perturbed, according to your God Newton, they should STAY CHANGED, should they not? If an orbit swings wide to move toward a giant it is passing, should not the orbit STAY wide then? If a planet slows slightly due to a giant's gravity attraction behind it, should it not STAY slower? Please consult with the priests of the Church of Newton and respond. We await your reply.
(End ZetaTalk[TM])
http://www.zetatalk.com