link to Home Page

FRAUD INCITING - Federal Crime Advice from Tim Gillespie

Article: <59v7ub$ie4@dfw-ixnews9.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: FRAUD INCITING - Federal Crime Advice from Tim Gillespie
Date: 27 Dec 1996 01:14:51 GMT

In article <32C29CC7.1C48@mail.tds.net> Tim Gillespie writes
> My guess is that Nancy has NOT registered "ZetaTalk" as a
> trademark. While it is true that Copyright falls to the author
> unless explicitly waived, a trade mark MUST be registered in
> order to be claimed as a trade mark. Are you registered Nancy?
> I may be wrong, but I believe it is fraud to represent a trade mark
> as registered when it is not. Maybe someone out there wants
> to beat Nancy to the punch and register "ZetaTalk". Then Nancy
> could not use it anymore.
> Tim Gillespie <tgillesp@mail.tds.net>

I fully expect to be chastized by the shepard of sci.astro for this post, where Tim will get off without a mention. Nevermind that he is inciting to a crime, here on sci.astro, or is forging my e-mail address on postings. THIS is all just swell, per the shepards, whom I expect any moment to emerge and declare that I should be burned at the stake or stoned.

The Trademark application requires the applicant to attest to the following:

The undersigned being hereby warned that willful false statements and the like so made are punishable by fine or imprisonment, or both, under 18 U.S.C 1001, and that such willful false statements may jeopardize the validity of the application or any resulting registration, declares that he/she is properly authorized to execute this Statement of Use on behalf of the applicant; he/she believes the applicant to be the owner of the trademark/service mark sought to be registered; the trademark/service mark is now in use in commerce; and all statements made of his/her own knowledge are true and all statements make on information and belief are believed to be true.