link to Home Page

Re: SPIN - the Zetas Explain

Article: <5aj8jj$h9b@sjx-ixn6.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: SPIN - the Zetas Explain
Date: 3 Jan 1997 15:28:51 GMT

[explaining the slowing down, but not starting up again, of planets during perturbations]

In article <5agmh9$bpr@pollux.cmc.doe.ca> Greg Neill writes:
> The whole point is that angular momentum is conserved.
> That is, it can be neither created nor destroyed. It can,
> however, be moved around. There's no reason to think that
> once a body gains a certain amount of angular momentum
> that it cannot lose it to another body, or gain even more.
> In this regard it's no different from linear momentum.
> ynecgan@cmc.doe.ca (Greg Neill)

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
The transfer of what humans call "energy" is used as the out during discussions such as this when humans are boggled and can't actually explain matters. The forward energy of one object scrapping along another is transferred into heat energy caused by friction, and thus conserved. So, if you're going to fall back on the usual escape mechanism to avoid having to admit that mankind DOES NOT HAVE an explanation for why planets return to their pre-perturbation orbits, then lets have it.

Explain why the planets RETURN to their pre-perturbation orbits. Why, having slowed down, do they SPEED UP again when nothing is before them to cause this? Why, having swung wide during a perturbation, do they drift BACK into their normal orbit. What, exactly, is causing this if not the explanation we gave? And please don't dismiss all this with a wave of your hand, muttering "conservation of energy". That's not an explanation, that's an excuse for evading the issue, and a poor excuse at that.
(End ZetaTalk[TM])