link to Home Page

Re: Nancy, please answer my question

Article: <5aj8sg$sk4@dfw-ixnews9.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Nancy, please answer my question
Date: 3 Jan 1997 15:33:36 GMT

In article <32CB2F5C.44F@worldnet.att.net> Christorpher Scott asks:

In article <32CB3652.16F7@worldnet.att.net> Christopher Scott writes:
> Why can't you support your claims with proof? Convince us
> with empirical evidence, math, experimentation, references,
> definitions, anything! Also, you need to be much clearer in
> your explanations when doing so. Merely stating that something
> speeds up, slows down, is perturbed, gets closer to, farther from,
> ect, is not good science. These terms are vague and could have
> infinite definitions.
> Christopher Scott <CJScott@worldnet.att.net>

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
Christopher, you're standing in the middle of quicksand and complaining that WE'RE not on solid ground! Here on these message boards you have elaborate discussions about black holes, the exact data when the Universe began, time travel, and other such situations that are utter speculation for humans. Have you challenged these humans regarding their lack of measurements and experiment data? Are you telling me that unless one has exactly MEASURED the speed and spin a human jumping out of a plane has attained that one cannot discuss the reason for hisdead, being a smear on the ground and after several witnesses saw the leap and fall? Police report says, "cause of death unknown, pending exacting measurements"

We think not. You're just uncomfortable when faced with the obvious, and want all those comforting details so you can micro-focus the discussion and avoid the larger picture, which points out the contradictions in your thinking. If, in the example above, you were a primitive man and unable to explain a fall to a death from a point well above the surface of the Earth as you could not conceptualize how a man got up there in the first place, you might well digress into details, about exacing measurements of the size of the smear, for instance, or the color of the man's hair, so that SOMETHING could fill your reports and the fact that you were boggled by it all would not be so apparent.

If you have no explanation to counter our explanation, then just say so.
(End ZetaTalk[TM])