link to Home Page

Re: Why we WORSHIP Newton

Article: <5ar3ih$8ap@sjx-ixn7.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Why we WORSHIP Newton
Date: 6 Jan 1997 14:52:01 GMT

In article <5ajff4$4u7@pollux.cmc.doe.ca> Greg Neill writes:
> Nancy (saquo@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
>> (Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
>> Are you telling me that your vaunted scientists do not THINK?
>> (End ZetaTalk[TM])
>
> Nope, scientists don't ask 'why?' about unanswerable,
> unmeasurable phenomina. If you can't quantify it, if you can't
> measure it, if you can't detect it, then it ain't science.
> ynecgan@cmc.doe.ca (Greg Neill)

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
So the discussions about the Big Bang, the exact date of the start of the Universe, whether time travel exists and how this might come about, all this is mysticism? Will you be renaming this message board sci.mysticism? Or is is somehow DIFFERENT when human males who attach titles to their names and positions discuss matters. THEN it becomes science. If Nancy posts our words, points out the obvious, standing before you in your own solar system and recorded continuously by you and your fellow humans, then it's silly and fanciful.
(End ZetaTalk[TM])