link to Home Page

Re: GRAVITY - the Zetas Explain

Article: <5c0pri$omb@sjx-ixn2.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: GRAVITY - the Zetas Explain
Date: 20 Jan 1997 21:59:14 GMT

In article <5bo4fn$s95@pollux.cmc.doe.ca> Greg Neill writes:
> 1. Newton's gravitational theory is quite adequate. You
> have been unable to give evidence for any example where
> it is not. Yet you claim you have. Why is that?
> ynecgan@cmc.doe.ca (Greg Neill)

No evidence or example? I'll repeat a portion of the ZetaTalk on Perturbations. During all the discussions that follows, no one on sci.astro has put forth an adequate argument, in accordance with Newton et al, as to why planets RETURN to their pre-perturbation orbits.

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM] excerpt on Perturbation)
If an orbit swings wide to move toward a giant it is passing, should not the orbit stay wide then? If a planet slows slightly due to a giant's gravity attraction behind it, should it not stay slower? ...

Perturbations are known to man as they can observe and record the actions of two planets passing each other in their orbits. The smaller one will speed up upon approach to the larger, due to the gravity tug between the two, and after passing will slow down in a comparable manner, lingering as it were. The larger planet has also been perturbed, and however slightly has slowed to meet the approaching smaller planet and likewise will try to tag along with the exiting smaller planet. ...

If either the larger or smaller planet were standing still, the human argument that the speed of orbit is compensated upon approach and exit might be valid, but as they are both moving, the perturbation is not equal on both sides. Net - the smaller planet should be slowed overall in its orbital speed, as it has the larger planet in close proximity behind it for a longer period of time. This is due to the larger planet tagging along behind the smaller planet. Net - the larger planet should be sped up overall in its orbital speed, as it is being encouraged to chase the smaller planet now ahead of it for a longer period of time. ...

More than the speed of the orbit is affected when orbiting planets perturb each other, the shape of the orbits is also affected. Given a smaller planet passing on an inside track and orbiting at a faster speed, the smaller planet will pull outward toward the larger during passage. Thus, its orbit has been changed, as for a period of time it is tracking along in a wider curve, at a greater distance from its sun. According to the human explanation for orbits - that they represent an equilibrium between the planets forward motion and the gravity tug from the sun such that the forward motion has been bent into a curve, and that the equilibrium is maintained by centrifugal force caused by the continuing tug of the forward motion - this new orbit shape should be maintainable with no need for the planet to return to its pre-perturbation state.
(End ZetaTalk[TM] excerpt on Perturbations)