link to Home Page

Re: GRAVITY - the Zetas Explain

Article: <5cait4$k3q@dfw-ixnews8.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: GRAVITY - the Zetas Explain
Date: 24 Jan 1997 15:01:56 GMT

In article <32E58805.700A17A8@sprintmail.com> Martin Alak asks:
> Here is a question for the Zetas, I specifically address it to them:
> "Why does light bend?"
> Here are the two different reasons humans have observed:
> first, due to gravity (either by bending space or by causing
> photons to "fall"); second, due to the fact that the speed of
> light in a medium such as air is slower than the speed of
> light in a vaccum. I can understand the first, but the second
> does not make sense to me - why would the speed of light
> change depending on the medium it was passing through?
> Martin Alak <malak@sprintmail.com>

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
Light Particles

In the recent past, humans considered the world around them to be composed of either mass or energy, energy being anything they could not put their hands around. Only within the past century has the notion that both mass and energy are solid particles become widely accepted. Energy is just really small stuff, moving fast. Increasingly, the really small stuff is identified, at least in theory as it is too small to be observed directly. The clues, for humans struggling to understand the world around them, lies in the behavior of small particles under different circumstances. Light is not composed of a singular particle, but dozens of particles, thereby accounting for much of what humans call strange behavior of light.

(End ZetaTalk[TM])