link to Home Page

Re: HALE-BOPP vs 12TH PLANET - the Zetas Explain

Article: <5cajkm$o5m@dfw-ixnews6.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: HALE-BOPP vs 12TH PLANET - the Zetas Explain
Date: 24 Jan 1997 15:14:30 GMT

In Article <32E61DFF.5AC2@msg.ti.com> John Holladay states:
> You know with a little patience this whole argument can be
> solved. Except that is what this is really about - discussing
> and arguing, not doing anything worth while. Sitchen said
> (I think it read it in this or the Nostro newsgroup) that the
> 12th planet will be here around 2012. I figure by 2012
> (give or take a year depending on how you count) all of the
> wild guessing will be proven one way or the other.
> John Holladay <JNH@msg.ti.com>

I don't believe that's Sitchen's date, I think you're referring to the Mayan Calendar, which is speculative and some put at 2011 and others at 1997, I believe. The problem with the Mayan Calendar, as I understand it, is that no one is certain when it STARTED. Sitchen was quite firm on the 3,600 year cycle, documented umpteen ways, but was all over the map on significant happenings and their dates - no way to tell when it would happen NEXT. For instance, on page 409 of his book The 12th Planet, he states that the deluge, the great flood which occurred as a result of a 12th Planet passage, happened according to ancient records during the Age of the Lion, which ranged from 10,860 BC to 8,700 BC How very specific!

However, Velikovsky processed scientific studies dealing with the Earth's own geology, and found a remarkable number of indications that about 4,000 to 3,500 years ago we had a worldwide cataclysm. This falls into the time of the Jewish Exodus, around 1,550 BC, when Moses found he had to wander in the Valley of the Shadow of Death (read lots of volcanic dust) for 40 years. In Worlds in Collision, Velikovsky reports from an Egyptian papyrus that there were terrible earthquakes at that time, in a counterpoint to the tale as told by the Jews. I'll post a bit of this stuff following this post for your information.

Bottom line, I wouldn't sit back and say "time will tell" to myself, looking at history, as this isn't a horse race we're talking about, it's your life and the lives of your loved ones, and more particularly the quality of life to those who survive.