link to Home Page

Re: Nancy/Zetas

Article: <5dcq2q$4i3@sjx-ixn10.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Nancy/Zetas
Date: 6 Feb 1997 14:32:58 GMT

In article <5d1c4n$cne@news.Hawaii.Edu> David Tholen writes:
>> And just because they work for an observatory or hang the
>> title or astronomer on their name doesn't make them
>> automatically HONEST.
>
> If you'd like to identify something dishonest that I've said about
> the comet, please do so.
>tholen@galileo.ifa.hawaii.edu

Worried about your track record, David? A printout of web pages taken from the NASA/JPL site maintained for Hale-Bopp in July, 1995 shows one image, available in gif or jpeg, from Observer: David Tholen, Location: University of Hawaii, Date: July 29, 1995 UT. The blurb reads, (with a word or two lost at the right margin due to a printing problem I had at the time):

"Color images made from separate 30 second exposures through B (blue), V (green) and R (red) filters usin.... [word lost] University of Hawaii's 2.2-meter telescope. Because of the comet's motion, the star's in the B, V, and R image [word lost] register exactly - each star appears as a sequence of overlapping red, green, and blue dots. The field of vi....[word lost] 27 arc seconds."

Now, as you had such a powerful telescope, one of the worlds best, my understanding, and have had access to it since that time, you had a RESPONSIBILITY TO THE REST OF MANKIND THAT DID NOT HAVE SUCH A TELESCOPE TO AT LEAST TELL THE TRUTH. Which you didn't do then, and are not doing to date. You're not some little backyard bumbler with binoculars in hand wondering if you're seeing the right thing or not. You KNOW, David. You're in on the game, David. You're a willing cooperator, David.

And in the near future, 6 years hence, when fathers gather up their little children and wonder where to run with them, as they won't be prepared, they can think fondly of David Tholen, who did everything he could to keep them in the dark. David, who thought more about HIS sweet ass and his good 'ol boy status than he did about anyone else! Their anguish, and their suffering, are on YOUR head, David! What excuse do you give yourself for doing this to the readership? What excuse do you give yourself for the misery those little children will go through and the anguish their parents will feel?