link to Home Page

Re: Nancy/Zetas

Article: <5dnidr$dkp@dfw-ixnews6.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Nancy/Zetas
Date: 10 Feb 1997 16:29:47 GMT

In article <5dfunn$kjf$1@artemis.backbone.ou.edu> Steve Courton writes:
>> 2. why whale bones are found 500-600 feet above sea level
>> on mountain tops along the east coast of North America;
>
> I guess you have never heard of "uplifting". Since when has
> 500-600 elevation terrain been clasified as a "mountain"???
> courton@nsslsun.nssl.uoknor.edu (Steve Courton)

Ah, but these whale bones were found in an area that experienced down drag, not uplifting! Read the quotes below.

Earth in Upheaval by Velikovsky, pp 46-49 in chapter called Whales in the Mountains

Bones of whale have been found 440 feet above sea level, north of Lake Ontario; a skeleton of another whale was discovered in Vermont, more than 500 feet above sea level; and still another in the Montreal-Quebec area, about 600 feet above sea level. Although the Humphrey whale and beluga occasionally enter the mouth of the St. Lawrence, they do not climb hills.

To account for the presence of whales in the hills of Vermont and Montreal, at elevations of 500 and 600 feet, requires the lowering of the land to that extent. The accepted theory is that the land in the region of Montreal and Vermont was depressed more than 600 feet by the weight of ice and kept in this position for a while after the ice melted. Another solution would be for an ocean tide, carrying the whales, to have trespassed upon the land.

But along the coast of Nova Scotia and New England stumps of trees stand in water, telling of once forested country that (has since become) submerged. And opposite the mouths of the St. Lawrence and the Hudson rivers are deep (land) canyons stretching for hundreds of miles into the ocean. These indicate that the land (has become) sea, being depressed in post-glacial times.