link to Home Page

Re: ENERGY WAVES - the Zetas Explain

Article: <5dnik5$4rn@dfw-ixnews5.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: ENERGY WAVES - the Zetas Explain
Date: 10 Feb 1997 16:33:09 GMT

In article <01bc1668$aaa3c280$5644aace@marks-remote> Mark Wing writes:
>> What occurs at the point that freezing water turns to ice is
>> that subatomic particles trapped within each water particle
>> are encouraged to move into areas FORMERLY OCCUPIED
>> BY HEAT. Like children under a teacher's thumb while
>> at their desks, when the teachers are elsewhere, they scamper
>> out into the halls to play. They no longer bump into heat
>> particles flowing between atoms when the normal course of
>> their movement within the water atoms brings them to the
>> periphery. Just as in an explosion, where the rearrangement
>> of particles at the atomic level requires more space, just so
>> the quiet explosion that freezing water represents requires
>> more space. The water atoms are now increasingly SHARING
>> subatomic particles, which move to the periphery of an atom
>> and loop through and around other atoms before returning.
>> Thus the atoms become bound to each other by the wash of
>> this motion, and become static ice!
>> (End ZetaTalk[TM])
>
> Sheesh it's been a while since I took chemistry but isn't water
> one of the only compounds to actually take up *more* space
> when solid than when liquid due to the bipolar nature of the
> molecule and the crystaline structure it forms when solid????
> Snowflakes only show that frozen water is a crystal, as almost
> all solids are. Solids take up less space because there is less
> kinetic energy present and all the molecules aren't "flopping
> around". The Zetan explanation seems incomprehensible, although
> I've always liked Nancy.
> "Mark Wing" <mwing@pacbell.net>

Gee thanks Mark, but I don't understand why the Zeta explanation makes no sense and yours does, when they are both describing the same phenomena. Can you defend your recitation of the current human explanation? Just how does what you call the "bipolar nature of the molecule" cause it to require more space when frozen than when liquid? Did it become bipolar during the freeze? If so, how? You say that solids take up less space because the "molecules aren't flopping around". So what is it that causes these molecules to flop or not flop about? If the cause is heat, just what IS heat?