link to Home Page

Re: Hale-Bopp Pictures NOW?

Article: <5dsp7k$j1@sjx-ixn4.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Hale-Bopp Pictures NOW?
Date: 12 Feb 1997 15:56:36 GMT

In article <5dr83f$qt4@nntp1.u.washington.edu> Lamont Granquist
> Nancy, if Ron was censoring information we'd be hearing it
> from amateur astronomers who had submitted photos of HB
> to Ron. We're not.
> lamontg@nospam.washington.edu

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
You're discounting the human tendency to line up with what authorities state. If the police wrongly accuse a man of theft, his neighbors begin to see his movements are furtive and look to what they see as bulges under his coat as stolen goods. Since the Pope and his Bishops state that their priests are holy men, they are looked upon as having integrity and the good of others in mind, and sexual abuse reports from children resisted. Humans tend to believe what they are told by authority figures, especially when the media cooperates! As recent proof of that, just look to the TWA 800 explosion. Hundreds saw a missile rise in the sky and strike the plane, yet the FBI claims it can't determine the cause! Interview the man on the street and find out what they thing. You'd be amazed at the ignorance and gullibility of most.

This is as much due to lack of thinking as it is due to the DESIRE on the part of people to believe that their government, their authority figures, would not lie to them. Children, even children who have been abused and deserted, give their parents the benefit of the doubt, painting their parents are loving, even when the evidence screams otherwise. It's painful to understand the truth, so fantasy is preferable.

NASA and JPL and the IAU and the newspapers report that Hale-Bopp is a comet. In spite of the fact that

  1. Hale-Bopp the fraud acted exactly like a nova, not a comet, when first discovered,
  2. Hale-Bopp the fraud does not have a typical comet orbit, which lines up with the ecliptic
  3. Hale-Bopp the fraud has ceased to outgas as it approaches the sun

Most who hear of it firmly believe that it is a comet and their government has not lied! So believing, they take pictures of what they think is Hale-Bopp, especially when the orbit it lines up on top of a star cluster, as it just recently did with M71. The doctored photos are from the observatories, and thereafter the gullible public is expected to try to line up with the official story. And they DO. Baaaa go the sheep of sci.astro!
(End ZetaTalk[TM])