link to Home Page

Re: Nancy/Zetas

Article: <5dvfl9$qiu@sjx-ixn8.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Nancy/Zetas
Date: 13 Feb 1997 16:31:37 GMT

In article <5dt5tp$dor$1@artemis.backbone.ou.edu> Steve Courton writes:
>> (Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
>> You're making assumptions on how far out it is! Did we
>> SAY it was 50 AU out? We did NOT. Do you know its
>> speed, the uptick on its speed as it approaches? You do NOT.
>> Do you have any prior experience with such a comet, a planet
>> that acts as a comet?
>> (End ZetaTalk[TM])
>
> ALL objects obey the same laws of Physics. If your planet
> is coming within 6 years it must be within 50 AU.
> courton@nsslsun.nssl.uoknor.edu (Steve Courton)

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
Pardon? And what law of physics is that? A speed limit? A speed limit out in space, where there is so little matter about that friction does not become a problem. What holds back the speed of an object out there, pray tell? Wind resistance? The inability of the wheels to turn that fast, else the lubrication will start on fire and cause a wheel lock? Pistons going through the roof of the planets when the engaged motor pumps that fast? Flow of the fuel from a pump going at its maximum rate limiting the combustion in the motor? What factors limit the speed of an object in space? What experience do YOU have with any of these matters? NASA putting their little probes up there with such a finite amount of fuel that they haggle for hours whenever the need arises to use a tiny puff of it?

Get real! Think! Or at least return with something akin to an argument to support your silly statement!
(End ZetaTalk[TM])