link to Home Page

Re: Hale-Bopp THEN and NOW (1-6)

Article: <5dvfp9$36t@dfw-ixnews11.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Hale-Bopp THEN and NOW (1-6)
Date: 13 Feb 1997 16:33:45 GMT

In article <01bc192e$c11ca040$6e4f22cf@scopedr.connect.ab.ca>
Paul Cambell writes:
> Nancy posted a series of predictions that astronomers made
> a while ago. I'm glad she did and I'm also glad that most of
> the predictions came true. Hale-Bopp is big and bright.
> "Paul Campbell" <scopedr@connect.ab.ca>

Pretty quiet and non-specific for YOU, Paul. Why are you mumbling into your palm? Since you didn't want to get specific, here's some specifics from a fellow Canada resident, posted on their web site in late 1996, and still there. See if you can address the specifics mentioned in this web posting from Canada. I'll post excerpts from that web site as a series so EACH point can be addressed by you as a standalone, giving it the attention it deserves.

ISSUE 2: The ~minnie site comments on the projected size of what was being called the Hale-Bopp object in 1995 (actually, at that time and at that place in the sky, in 1995, it was a nova). Now, if it was a comet then and was THAT HUGE then, why is it that it just looks like an unmapped star now, when it's on top of the Sun and should be outgassing so that we see it streaming across the sky?

http://www.pe.net/~minnie/shechinah.html

What is the Truth?

The following hypothesis is based upon several months of pouring over numerous documents. Most were found on the WWW and available to all who have access to this medium. There are links within this document to find most of the information. Check it out for yourself.

... Then came the announcement of HaleBopp in mid 1995. ...

The first important picture (fig 2), which I refer to as the "pinwheel", was taken by the space telescope Hubble (HST) in October of '95. Take a look at the spiral. You can readily see that it's turning toward you clockwise and that there are two distinct bright spots. Take a ruler, a compass, or even a piece of string! Put your first point in the center of the lower bright spot (on the second image-a false color image-I have done this for you). This is the nucleus according to NASA. Measure the distance from center of the lower white/bright spot to the center of the upper bright spot. According to their legend, you'll get a distance of about 1.4 arc seconds (no need to be too precise at this point, the size is large enough in reality that it's just not gonna make that much difference). I became quite alarmed when I did the math- at approximately 620 milion miles 1.4 arc seconds is somewhere in the close neighborhood of 4000 miles! There's a first revelation...this thing is BIG! Remember, this picture was taken when Hale Bopp was 6 A.U.+ from the Sun (one A.U.=93 million miles). So, the Sun's gravity had little effect on the comet, creating a gas cloud or causing seismic stress.

Now remember, this is an OPTICAL image, NOT infared! See how the outer edges seem to grow darker or are rounded away from the center. That's because this is a picture of the entire comet. Therefore if you figure conservatively, very much so... double the measurement from the center of one bright spot to the center of the other bright spot (in essence from top bright spot to a distant radius)... you have at least an 8000 mile object (the Earth is around 8000 mi.). A further evaluation of the object, reveals that it may even be a larger surface area beyond the apparent image, perhaps a diameter of at least 12000 miles!(see fig 2b) Remember... There has never been a comet discovered at such a distance from the Earth! There is no other explaination, Hale Bopp is huge!