link to Home Page

Re: Nancy/Zetas

Article: <5e7udt$388@dfw-ixnews12.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Nancy/Zetas
Date: 16 Feb 1997 21:32:45 GMT

In article <5e5umn$2fq@news.ccit.arizona.edu> Jim Scotti writes:
>> And the fact that beaches world wide record a sudden drop
>> of 16 to 20 feet, all about the same time frame approximately
>> 3,500 years ago, debunked?
>
> The scientific studies Velikovsky quotes aren't nonsense -
> just his interpretation of them. ..
> jscotti@LPL.Arizona.EDU (Jim Scotti)

I note you avoided this one altogether, Jim. Your explaination for these scientific studies?

Earth in Upheaval, pp 181-183, Dropped Ocean Level

R.A. Daly observed that in a great many places all around the world there is a uniform emergence of the shore line of 18 to 20 feet. In the southwest Pacific, on the islands belonging to the Samoan group but spread over two hundred miles, the same emergence is evident. Nearly halfway around the world, at St. Helena in the South Atlantic, the lava is punctuated by dry sea caves, the floors of which are covered with water-worn pebbles, now dusty because untouched by the surf. The emergence there is also 20 feet. At the Cape of Good Hope caves and beaches also prove recent and sensibly uniform emergence to the extent of about 20 feet.

Marine terraces, indicating similar emergence, are found along the Atlantic coast from New York to the Gulf of Mexico; for at least 1,000 miles along the coast of eastern Australia; along the coasts of Brazil, southwest Africa, and many islands in the Pacific, Atlantic, and Indian Oceans. The emergence is recent as well as of the same order of magnitude, (20 feet). Judging from the condition of beaches, terraces, and caves, the emergence seems to have been simultaneous on every shore.

In (Daly's) opinion the cause lies in the sinking of the level of all seas on the globe. Alternatively, Daly thinks it could have resulted from a deepening of the oceans or from an increase in their areas. Of special interest is the time of the change. Daly estimated the sudden drop of oceanic level to (have occurred) some 3,000 to 4,000 years ago.

[1] Darwin, Geological Observations on the Volcanic Islands and Parts of South America, Pt II, Chaps IX and XV.

[2] L. Don Leet, Causes of Catastrophes (1948), p. 186

[3] Daly, Our Mobile Earth, p. 177

[5] P.H. Kuenen, Marine Geology (1950), p. 538