link to Home Page

Re: Nancy/Zetas

Article: <5ebbdt$u0@dfw-ixnews8.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Nancy/Zetas
Date: 18 Feb 1997 04:33:01 GMT

In article: <5e8heu$qn4@news.ccit.arizona.edu> Jim Scotti writes:

>>> The scientific studies Velikovsky quotes aren't nonsense -
>>> just his interpretation of them. ..
>>> jscotti@LPL.Arizona.EDU (Jim Scotti)
>
>> I note you avoided this one altogether, Jim. Your
>> explaination for these scientific studies?
>>
>> Earth in Upheaval, pp 181-183, Dropped Ocean Level
>>
>> R.A. Daly observed that in a great many places all around
>> the world there is a uniform emergence of the shore line of
>> 18 to 20 feet.
>
> Well, I should have included one more sentence: the lowering
> of the oceans is a natural side effect of the increase in global ice
> as a result of an ice age. So what's the mystery? An ice age
> happened.
> jscotti@LPL.Arizona.EDU (Jim Scotti)

You omitted a key point in the quote I posted, Jim, that being that this sudden and uniform drop in the ocean level occurred approximately 3,500 years ago. We've had an ice age that descended upon the Earth, suddenly, 3,500 years ago and created enough ice to suck up 18 to 20 feet of sea water, worldwide? What ice was that, pray tell? Antarctica is currently melting, the Larsen ice shelf dropping into the sea just a year or so ago, and I don't recall the water RISING at all due to that.

Earth in Upheaval, pp 181-183, Dropped Ocean Level

R.A. Daly observed that in a great many places all around the world there is a uniform emergence of the shore line of 18 to 20 feet. ... Judging from the condition of beaches, terraces, and caves, the emergence seems to have been simultaneous on every shore. In (Daly's) opinion the cause lies in the sinking of the level of all seas on the globe. Alternatively, Daly thinks it could have resulted from a deepening of the oceans or from an increase in their areas. Of special interest is the time of the change. Daly estimated the sudden drop of oceanic level to (have occurred) some 3,000 to 4,000 years ago.