link to Home Page

Re: UC Newswire story - Velikovsky has merit

Article: <5efafo$hq7@dfw-ixnews9.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: UC Newswire story - Velikovsky has merit
Date: 19 Feb 1997 16:41:28 GMT

In article: <330ac030.37865954@news.easynet.co.uk> Ian Tresman writes:
> Lin launched his recent modeling efforts in October 1995
> when Swiss astronomers announced the first of the new
> batch of planets, called 51 Pegasi B. A team at UCSC's Lick
> Observatory, led by UCSC alumnus Geoffrey Marcy, rapidly
> confirmed the planet. From the outset its very existence
> seemed impossible. The Jupiter-sized object raced around
> its star once every four days, at a distance just one-twentieth
> that of Earth from our Sun. How could the planet, presumably
> a giant ball of gas, withstand this blast-furnace orbit? More
> puzzling still, how did it get there at all?
> ian@knowledge.co.uk (Ian Tresman)

Humm, sounds like a call for the REPULSION FORCE TEAM. Tada!

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
Indeed, as human science would have it plunging into the Sun at that close range. Relatively speaking, the closeness of this Jupiter sized planet to its Sun equate to a monster meteor circling the Earth within its upper atmosphere yet refusing to drop. The explanation of why these giants stay apart from each other lies in their cores. The planet has a MORE SOLID core than the Sun, which is gaseous, so has more bulk than its size would reveal. Your gaseous planets are also more solid than you now speculate. Thus both the Jupiter sized planet and its Sun invoke what we have been calling the repulsion force, which keeps them from touching each other.

Some will say that the rapid orbit is what keeps this Jupiter sized planet from plunging into its Sun, but should run their own math before making such a statement. It does not compute, as you say. If you are to use your flawed math in arguing against us, then use it against your own statements. Turnabout is fair play, though many of our detractors are not the least interested in being fair or even logical in their arguments. If our statements challenge their gods, then we must be cast out from this message board so they can return to being smug.
(End ZetaTalk[TM])