link to Home Page

Re: 12th Planet - any photos ?

Article: <5ejdu0$ng1@dfw-ixnews8.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: 12th Planet - any photos ?
Date: 21 Feb 1997 06:04:48 GMT

In article <5egrt7$8qr$1@mark.ucdavis.edu> Jedidiah Whitten writes:
> Look just to the left of Orion. If Nancy's right, there should
> be a 2nd-magnitude object there that wasn't there before.
> ez049941@boris.ucdavis.edu (Jedidiah Whitten)

That of course is not exactly what the Zetas said. They said:

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM] on Comet Visible)
The 12th Planet is now visible to the human eye, though only the educated eye would see it. At the current time the 12th Planet is approximately magnitude 2.0 in brightness, and appears as large as a star as viewed by the naked eye. It does not shine with the intensity of most stars, but has a dull, diffuse, glow. It appears to be the last gasp of a dying star, a faint, blurry, reddish glow. Your eye would pass over it if attuned to the pin points that are the stars. A star is intense in the center and rapidly diminishes in intensity toward the edges of the spot you call a star. The light from a star comes from a single point and fans out, the periphery a bit less than the center, increasingly, but the center very intense. The 12th Planet, being nearer, is giving you light rays from its entire surface, so the light has an even quality to it. Its distance cannot be measured, but one will notice that as time passes, no other object passes before it.
(End ZetaTalk[TM] on Comet Visible)

And to answer the original question, there are a number of astronomers, around the world, who are checking for it, repeated images, etc. They don't post their results on this message board, for obvious reasons. One of them noted that the IRAS catalog doesn't mention any objects from that part of the skies. Odd, when Planet X was discovered there BY the IRAS team in 1993. I'm being sarcastic, of course.