link to Home Page

Re: IN SYMPATHY to the Hale-Bopp Cooperative

Article: <5enq5l$ih0@sjx-ixn3.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: IN SYMPATHY to the Hale-Bopp Cooperative
Date: 22 Feb 1997 21:58:13 GMT

This debate has been cross-posted to sci.astro.amateur, sci.astro.planetarium, sci.space.news, and alt.paranormal as CNN did not choose to list sci.astro among the Usenet sites where information on Hale-Bopp could be located. Check

http://www.zetatalk.com/theword/tword900.htm

for the sci.astro debate thread history.

In article <5elgn5$af6@news.ccit.arizona.edu>
>> 6. back tracted this orbit and arranged for a unique image,
>> one that would NOT BE DUPLICATED in any other
>> archieve, to find a doctored bright smear that would
>> ostensibly confirm this orbit.
>>
>> 7. agreed that all images submitted by an enthusiastic public
>> WOULD BE SCREENED so that only those that confirmed
>> the story would be posted, building a sense that the public
>> was indeed seeing what they had been told to see.
>
> I don't know of any screening agency around that can keep
> every photograph that every amateur astronomer who takes
> a picture of the comet in line with some giant conspiracy.
> Many of those amateur astronomers are amateur photographers
> who develop their own film.
> jscotti@LPL.Arizona.EDU (Jim Scotti)

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
Amateur astronomers who develop their own film, taking pictures of WHAT? Stars on the horizon? Take a close look at the mass of photos, and see the variance among them. These photos have been SELECTED for inclusion on web sites such as NASA and halebopp.com based on their lining up with the story! Even at that, they hardly describe the same object! These are all supposed to be identical twins, and they don't look like they even came from the same family line!
(End ZetaTalk[TM])