link to Home Page

Re: Dale Gombert Censorship

Article: <5eq6ri$9dt@sjx-ixn6.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Dale Gombert Censorship
Date: 23 Feb 1997 19:46:58 GMT

Jim Carr <jac@scri.fsu.edu>wrote:
> The following off-topic article was posted on the planetarium
> newsgroup, for reasons that are completely unclear to me.
>
>In article <5eogq0$d9g@dfw-ixnews6.ix.netcom.com> Nancy writes:
>>Subject: Dale Gombert Complaints
>> Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 22:06:14 -0600 (CST)
>> From: saquo@ix.netcom.com (Nancy )
>> To: postmaster@ix.netcom.com
>> CC: zetatalk@zetatalk.com

To let your readership know of the censorship attempts going on behind their backs! He's putting on the facade that the sci.astro Usenets are moderated, where in truth ANYTHING goes if the speaker is speaking a line that he agrees with! The readership is NOT to form their own opinion, but rather be led by the self appointed shepherds of the sci.astro Usenets. As evidence of that, please note the following postings from the SAME university e-mail source, washington.edu, as Dale Gombert. Please note the language used by this cohort of Dale Gombert. Please note that this cohort ultimately concedes that he was wrong, and I right, but nevertheless, no apology for the strong language was ever posted, nor was he ever corrected IN ANY WAY by his cohorts at washington.edu. His complaints are censorship, pure and simple.