link to Home Page

Cross Posting - WHY and WHEN

Article: <5eq7ee$qup@dfw-ixnews7.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Cross Posting - WHY and WHEN
Date: 23 Feb 1997 19:57:02 GMT

As I stated yesterday, when first cross posting this debate from sci.astro (where it has been continuously ongoing since late November, 1996) to sci.astro.amateur, sci.astro.planetarium, and alt.paranormal. I'm doing this because CNN at their new web site

http://www.cnn.com/TECH/9702/hale.bopp.comet/

has seen fit to point to these usenet message boards, while EXCLUDING sci.astro and alt.alien.visitors, the two usenets I on occasion post to! Why would alt.paranormal be included, but sci.astro NOT? I'm sure this must be an oversight, and I gave them feedback to that effect on the e-mail vehicle provided at the web site. Should I find sci.astro included in the list they point the public to, in particular at the top of the list, I'd be most happy to return to posting to one usenet. Less work for me, I can assure you, and as I web the debate for the readership at my web site, it's recorded for all who might want to go back and pick up what they might have missed. That's

http://www.zetatalk.com/usenet/use00000.htm