link to Home Page

Re: Tholen Caught DOCTORING Hale-Bopp Images! - 1

Article: <5es9l5$pio@sjx-ixn3.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Tholen Caught DOCTORING Hale-Bopp Images! - 1
Date: 24 Feb 1997 14:47:01 GMT

In article <5eoj47$j0q@news.Hawaii.Edu> David Tholen writes:
> There has been no comparison between my image and
> Shramek's. The comparison has been between my image and
> one provided to Art Bell and Whitney Strieber by Courtney
> Brown and Prudence Calabrese. The latter image has been
> doctored to add an object allegedly following comet Hale-Bopp.
> That image is a doctored copy of my original.
> tholen@galileo.ifa.hawaii.edu

Correct Your image, called REAL at this web site, is being compared to another called FALSE, which is not Shramek image but the one given to Art Bell and Whitney Strieber.

In article <5eoj47$j0q@news.Hawaii.Edu> David Tholen writes:
> The web site mentioned contains a comparison between my
> image and the Digital Sky Survey image of the same region
> of the sky, to demonstrate that no distortion is present in my
> image, contrary to the claim of David Rath.
> tholen@galileo.ifa.hawaii.edu

Incorrect. The web site mentioned RAISES an issue regarding the integrity of the REAL images as well as the integrity of the FALSE images. It identifies a thumbnail impression on the REAL image near what is supposed to be Hale-Bopp.

http://www.pe.net/~minnie/drath.html

These issues may be contested, but they are far from settled. I don't agree with the speculation and conclusions drawn at this site, but find the examination of the REAL image most interesting. Especially when overlays have been used. If the thumbnail impression was as a result of 3 images overlaid one upon the other, then which one of those FITS files that David mentioned are available on the web contains the thumbnail impression? I asked this question and for an answer David said that none of them have been tampered with.

So .. where did the thumbnail impression come from? If its not in the 3 FITS images, was there an ADDITIONAL overlay? Whose to say WHAT one of those overlays might have contained? This is how illusions are done in the movies - overlays. Someone appears to be falling into a black hole, but their writhing body is just superimposed onto a simulated whirling black hole. The evidence laid out by this web site in Canada sure has me wondering!