link to Home Page

Re: Hale-Bopp ZIG-ZAG ORBIT

Article: <5f2si9$7ei@sjx-ixn4.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Hale-Bopp ZIG-ZAG ORBIT
Date: 27 Feb 1997 02:46:33 GMT

In article <5etjn3$ha4@nntp1.u.washington.edu> Lamont Granquist writes:
> Those RA and Dec predictions (should) have error bars on
> them. How do the later predictions compare to the earlier
> ones _with the error bars_?
> lamontg@nospam.washington.edu

Lamont, the 4 postings I made regarding aberrations in the Orbital Elements the JPL posted in late May and then again in late June, '96, were intended to highlight

  1. that the eccentricity was shortened, FOR NO REASON, so that the orbit could move steadily toward an occultation with Gamma Andromedae at perihelion (they have since reversed that trend, since the Zetas pointed out the game plan).
  2. after posting Orbital Elements on May 28, '96 that were stated to be based on observations as late as May 25, '96, when the mythical Hale-Bopp would have been passing Jupiter, they posted revised Orbital Elements on June 27, '96 that showed Hale-Bopp would have been FURTHER OUT from Jupiter at the time of passage. They perturbed Hale-Bopp AWAY from Jupiter. No explanation has even been proffered for that gambit.
  3. in order to jerk the orbit around, so they could line up the above mentioned occultation, they had Hale-Bopp in a zig-zag orbit.

There is no error bar, as this would imply a CORRECT orbit. Since this is all NASA's games, to keep folks from looking to Orion at this time, and to make them think the millennium comet had come and gone, there IS no correct orbit. Thus, no error bar.