link to Home Page

Re: Nancy then and Now (2)

Article: <5faka9$la1@dfw-ixnews10.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Nancy then and Now (2)
Date: 2 Mar 1997 01:14:49 GMT

In article <MPG.d81f45e61d3289d98968c@news.connect.ab.ca> Paul Campbell writes:
> Then, 12 April 1995
> Check out Nancy's web page at
> http://www.zetatalk.com/theword/tword03x.htm
> There we learn that the 12th planet is at RA 6:16:15 and
> DEC 8 degrees 39' 37.6". That's arc second accuracy
>
> Now. 23 February 1997
> Nancy posted to this newsgroup .. What do you mean it has to
> be located Nancy? Have you lost it?
> scopedr@connect.ab.ca (Paul Campbell)

Well, I did ask you to come back with a fresh gripe, Paul, as your first were so helpful, and you've done it! Like the first time, I find you've uncovered a point of confusion, etc. The first time you were griping about the graphic on the Comet Watch page, which showed the two different angles the 12th assumes - 11 degree upon its approach from Orion, and 32 degree as it positions for passage through the solar system. At the time I had the 11 degree line red, and showed the 12th Planets PATH on the path graphic in red, a point of confusion. I changed the graphic accordingly on the Comet Watch page at

http://www.zetatalk.com/theword/tword03g.htm

In April of 1995 there was an astronomer interested in working with the Zetas to locate the 12th. He was dying of lung cancer, met him in Michael Lindemann's ISCNI chat area, so not much besides the Zetas giving the instructions on how to locate it from the continental divide at that date were given. Astronomy terms were new to me, so we dealt with cranking up from the horizon and such, things I could visualize and put words to. After Ted died, another friend used those descriptions to arrive at the RA and Dec above. We are now telling folks to find the RA and Dec from the PATH graphic at

http://www.zetatalk.com/theword/tword03h.htm

As you've pointed out, the 12th is on the move, and as the Zetas pointed out recently, old coordinates can be passed around and cause confusion. When the Zetas say "locate it" they are NOT referring to themselves, NOT referring to NASA and the major observatories who have it well in their sights but are remaining silent, but are referring to the general public of non-professional astronomers and amateurs. Since you've been a friend again, Paul, in pointing out a source of confusion, I'm going to archive those two older SkyMap graphics with RA and Dec quotes for the time being. Anyone looking at the PATH graphic can locate the current RA and Dec, as it's pretty much in the same area until 12/97. Wouldn't you agree?