link to Home Page

Re: Tholen Caught DOCTORING Hale-Bopp Images!

Article: <5fhkhd$e30@dfw-ixnews9.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Tholen Caught DOCTORING Hale-Bopp Images!
Date: 4 Mar 1997 17:01:33 GMT

In article <5fdlvk$gdr@pollux.cmc.ec.gc.ca> Greb Neill writes:
> Comets are discovered by amateurs and professionals alike.
> But not every professional astronomer spends his time looking
> for comets.
> ynecgan@cmc.doe.ca (Greg Neill)

What about when the comet is in their face! What do you think those guys that man the Hubble, process those images, see? What do you think the guys in the Shuttle see? What do you think the guys that examine the NEAT images see? They don't report them! They leave them to the little guys, as comets are unimportant! Kids and street people collect empty bottles and soft drink cans for recycling change, you and I don't! Comet are left to the amateurs because they're small change.