link to Home Page

Re: 12th Planet - any photos ?

Article: <5g95s5$qru@dfw-ixnews8.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: 12th Planet - any photos ?
Date: 13 Mar 1997 15:18:29 GMT

Article: <33223AC6.2F7F@sc.hp.com> Chris Franks writes:
> Pioneer is still in the Solar System, even though it is 60 AU
> away from the Sun right now. Not until it comes under the
> influence of the next body, light-years away, can it said to be
> out of the Solar System. It is still slowly rotating around the
> Sun, altho its major component of velocity is away from the
> Sun.
> Chris Franks <cfranks@sc.hp.com>

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
If you believe, as you stated, that the Pioneer is SLOWLY ROTATING around the Sun, then explain what force will cause it to move sideways, even though it is, as you say, moving "away from the Sun". Your laws of motion say that motion is in a straight line unless a force such as a gravity pull to the side occurs. Your laws of gravity state that this in an inverse distance between two points. Thus by these laws:
1. the Pioneer should slow down as the distance between it and the Sun increases
2. the Pioneer should not move to the side unless the gravity pull from the Sun IS TO ITS SIDE.

However, since the gravity pull it to its rear, how will it move sideways to form an ellipse? Note, we KNOW the answer, and are asking a rhetorical question to get you to address one of the contradictions in your laws that most humans refuse to address. Remaining on bended knee before the gods such as Newton is preferable to sorting it all out. Those who memorize and prate back what the teacher expects get good grades and eventually get good jobs. Those who question and make the teacher uncomfortable get bad grades for failing to "understand".
(End ZetaTalk[TM])