link to Home Page

The MANY FACES of Hale-Bopp - ORBIT PERIOD

Article: <5gidj9$36n@sjx-ixn4.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: The MANY FACES of Hale-Bopp - ORBIT PERIOD
Date: 17 Mar 1997 03:25:29 GMT

My, my, how things change. Are we looking at the same comet? The Zetas have said that the Hale-Bopp conspiracy was to point folks in the wrong direction, AWAY from Orion, in 1995. The Zetas have stated that a convenient nova was used and a likely comet located by Hubble or NEAT program. The Zetas have said that the two were connected by a paper orbit, which was then plotted back in time to a place where McNaught's image was altered to confirm the paper orbit. Between the nova's natural death in 1995 and the arrival of the comet they KNEW would appear at this time, there were orbit manipulations to line the paper orbit up with star clusters or during June and July, 1996, with another real comet in the comet belt. The Hubble has SUCH a clear view, and the NEAT program keeps an eye on dark moving things so much better than amateur comet hunters.

How has the ORBIT PERIOD of the many faces of Hale-Bopp changed, from 1995 to the present?

Posted on sci.astro by baalke@kelvin.jpl.nasa.gov (Ron Baalke)

PR 10/95 25 August 1995
European Southern Observatory
For immediate release

NEW DISTANT COMET HEADED FOR BRIGHT ENCOUNTER

If the orbital period is near 3000 years, this comet would belong to the first category and the extrapolation indicates that the brightness near perihelion in April 1997 could then reach magnitude -1.5. This means that Comet Hale-Bopp would become almost as bright as Jupiter which will also be visible in the night sky at that time.

FEBRUARY 1997

In article <5elddl$11fc@news.ccit.arizona.edu> Jim Scotti writes:
> I'm aware of nothing on HB-like orbits except for HB. ...
> Since we don't know the orbit of HB well enough to project
> its orbit (i.e. trajectory) in time to know EXACTLY what it
> has done in the past, I generated a set of orbits similar to
> the best determined orbit of HB ... I simply used a batch of
> similar orbits in order to see what types of behavior HB
> might have experienced.
>
> Since I want them to represent the possible kinds of orbits HB
> has experienced, they all start out with orbits that are almost
> exactly like HBs best determined orbit and they all reach
> perihelion close to 4,200 years ago in my simulated solar system.
> jscotti@LPL.Arizona.EDU (Jim Scotti)

MARCH 1997