link to Home Page

Re: Zacharia Sitchin

Article: <6hafi8$n66@dfw-ixnews6.ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Zacharia Sitchin
Date: 18 Apr 1998 15:06:48 GMT

In article <1998041805104900.BAA17538@ladder03.news.aol.com> Randomity
writes:
> Could someone please present me with a cogent argument either
> in support of or against the concept of a 12th planet with a 3,600
> year elliptical orbit.

The best argument is in the geological evidence that our Earth
presents, in 3,600 periods, approximately.  Velikovsky has collected
and presented many of these in his book Earth in Upheaval.  Where many
attack the messenger, throwing all Velikovsky's insights out when fault
can be found with anything he said, these scientific studies he quotes
were NOT done by him, and stand on their own merits.  For instance:

Earth in Upheaval, pp 98, The Carolina Bays

Peculiar elliptical depressions, or oval craters, locally called bays,
are thickly scattered over the Carolina coast of the United States and
more sparsely over the entire Atlantic coastal plain from southern New
Jersey to northeastern Florida.  These marshy depressions are numbered
in the tens of thousands and, according to the latest estimate, their
number may reach half a million.  The larger bays average 2,200 feet in
length, and in single cases exceed 8,000 feet.  A remarkable feature of
these depressions is their parallelism:  the long axis of each of them
extends from northwest to southeast.  These oval depressions may be
seen especially well in aerial photographs.  The swarm of meteorites
must have been large enough to hit an area from Florida to new Jersey.

Earth in Upheaval, pp 105, The Floor of the Seas

The bottom of the seas and oceans also contains evidence that the earth
was showered with meteorites on a very large scale.  In many places the
bottom consists of red clay.  Samples of the red clay from the central
Pacific showed a surprisingly high content of nickel and also a high
content of radium, though the water of the ocean is almost completely
free of these elements.  The clay is red because it contains
ferruginous (iron) compounds.  Meteoric iron differs from iron of
terrestrial origin in its admixture of nickel.  Nickel is a very rare
element in most terrestrial rocks and continental sediments, and it is
almost absent from the ocean waters.  On the other hand, it is one of
the main components of meteorites.