link to Home Page

Re: Zacharia Sitchin

Article: <6hafps$k9t@sjx-ixn2.ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Zacharia Sitchin
Date: 18 Apr 1998 15:10:52 GMT

In article <1998041805104900.BAA17538@ladder03.news.aol.com> Randomity
writes:
> Could someone please present me with a cogent argument either
> in support of or against the concept of a 12th planet with a 3,600
> year elliptical orbit.

The second best argument is in the written and oral history of cultures
around the world, evidence that they have EXPERIENCED such periodic
upheavals, in 3,600 periods, approximately.  Velikovsky has collected
and presented many of these in his book Worlds in Collision.  Where
many attack the messenger, throwing all Velikovsky's insights out when
fault can be found with anything he said, these written records he
quotes were NOT done by hi
m, and stand on their own merits.  For instance:

Excertps from Worlds in Collision, by Velikovsky, pp 48-49, The Red
World .. follow ..

In the middle of the second millennium before the present era
(approximately 3,500 years ago), the earth underwent one of the
greatest catastrophes in its history.  A celestial body ... came very
close to the earth.  The account of this catastrophe can be
reconstructed from evidence supplied by a large number of documents.
The comet .. touched the earth first with it's gaseous tail. .. Servius
wrote, "It was not of a flaming but of a blo
ody redness."

One of the first visible signs of this encounter was the reddening of
the earth's surface by a fine dust of rusty pigment.  In sea, lake, and
river this pigment gave a bloody coloring to the water.  Because of
these particles of ferruginous or other soluble pigment, the world
turned red.

The Manuscript Quiche of the Mayas tells that in the Western
Hemisphere, in the days of a great cataclysm, when the earth quaked and
the sun's motion was interrupted, the water in the rivers turned to
blood.

Ipuwer, the Egyptian eyewitness to the catastrophe, wrote his lament on
papyrus, "The river is blood", and this corresponds with the Book of
Exodus 7:20: "All the waters that were in the river were turned to
blood".