link to Home Page

Re: Challenge to Jim Scotti

Article: <6i4gra$9r5@dfw-ixnews5.ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Challenge to Jim Scotti
Date: 28 Apr 1998 12:08:10 GMT

In article <35450D2D.E5D@spammers.of.the.world.unite.etc> M/C. Harrison
writes:
>> Light bends when sent through prisms, within water to
>> create the illusion that objects are other than where they
>> appear, and at your poles when subjected to the magnetic
>> fields to produce your auroras.
>
> Er, that would be charged particles striking the upper
> atmosphere, ejected by solar flares.

Oooh, I don't THINK so, and lets just skip to GO and post the existing
ZetaTalk on Auroras.
(Begin ZetaTalk[TM] on Auroras)
One of the world's wonders is what is called the Van Allen belt, the
Northern or Southern Lights, or Auroras as they are variously called, a
glorious panoply of colors across the northern or southern skies which
play for hours at a time, entertaining those who live in cold climates
with one of the few delights that nature brings to their bleak, dark
world.

What causes this natural wonder?  There is in fact a great deal of
speculation, and no proof, as one can scarcely put the northern skies
into a bottle for examination.  The answer is simple, and not even
among the candidates.  The Auroras are caused by refraction, a
refraction not thought possible as no light seems to enter on the dark
side of the Earth.  Little understood by humans is the degree to which
energy particles are affected by gravitational pulls.  They look out
into the sky, into the stars, and see a slight variance in light rays
that come over the vastness of space, and assume a straight path, or
nearly straight.  What they are in fact seeing is the light rays that
have not been deflected.  Others have been captured, and pulled away
from their path toward the Earth.

Our statement will elicit argument from astronomers, who will say that
if this were the case, then the Earth would be receiving light rays
deflected from their path, and a confusing picture of the Universe
would be presented, not the steady consistency that they observe.  They
are of course assuming a constancy in the substance of light, which can
be altered as a substance just as any other.  Do not the heavier
particles that man is familiar with change radically their behavior
with the addition or subtraction of a subatomic particle at the core,
or in the electrons circling the core?  Man assumes that light rays are
constant only because they have not yet been able to dissect them.
Light rays deflected are in the process of being altered.

And what has caused these light rays to be deflected at this point, to
become Northern or Southern Lights, and why no other point on the
globe?  In fact, they are being deflected elsewhere around the globe,
but are not visible because of the greater traffic in bright light.
The Northern or Southern Lights, happening at the equator, are lost in
the glare.
(End ZetaTalk[TM]) on Auroras)