link to Home Page

Re: Shepherds of the Sheep of sci.astro

In Article <3adad411.14911494@localhost> Stephen Poley wrote:
> Nancy, practically the whole population of the world saw Hale-Bopp.
> Or are you trying to tell us that a supernova metamorphosed into a
> comet, in much the same way that blue whales metamorphose into
> dragonflies?

The NEAT program (Near Earth Asteroid Tracking, I think) tracks some
thousands of dark asteroids.  Then why doesn’t it discover new comets,
before they outgas?  Well, they DO, but they don’t bother with
announcing them, leaving this as a crumb to the amateurs.  Else why is
it that NASA and JPL don’t announce new comets about to become visible,
but amateurs do?  Of COURSE they discover new comets!  And when one of
these had a convenient path to connect to a new nova, the Hale-Bopp
distraction was born.  “Let’s point to the nova, connect the dots to the
projected comet ephemeris, and get everyone looking in the OPPOSITE
direction from Orion.”  Well, there was more to this planned
distraction.  It was also “Let’s hypothesize that this is the Millennium
comet that prophecies talk about, give it a period close to what Sitchen
has documented is the period (3,600 years), and claim the danger is
past!”  Indeed, even though there was zero evidence that Hale-Bopp (I
mean the real comet) had come through the solar system before, this was
loudly claimed.

Here’s what the Zetas were reporting AT THE TIME
(documented at http://www.zetatalk.com/poleshft/p46.htm)

  18-May-96
     Why did the various major observatories around the world
     assume the head of Hale-Bopp to be various different things -
     a dark area, a bright spot, a dark areas to the side of a bright
     spot - all while the head was the basis of the supposed orbit
     tracking? Why was it necessary for the IAU to toss out 90%
     of the data submitted to it for the announced orbit to be
     found to be correct? Is this science, that the assumption
     overrules the data?
         ZetaTalk™

  17-Jun-96
     Take a check on where all these almost daily changes in the
     ephemerides are leading, astronomers of the world, as they
     are leading right to where a face saving comet that's a real
     comet is coming from. They plan to hide Hale-Bopp behind
     a real comet. What comet, ever, has had this kind of
     manipulation in its orbit?
         ZetaTalk™

   9-Jul-96
     All roads seem to lead to Gamma Andromedae, where this
     does not logically follow! They would marry their fraud,
     Hale-Bopp, with a double star, Gamma Andromedae, and
     what a glorious perihelion that would be! This required
     manipulation of the orbit such that it moved away from
     Jupiter, rather than being perturbed toward the giant!
         ZetaTalk™

You think NASA and JPL cannot and would not lie?  Why don’t they give
the public access to the Hubble images, real time?  Why did this
practice STOP?