link to Home Page

Re: 10th Planet / Pioneer Probes / Dead Star Enyclopedia Diagram

In Article  <qEWO6.5785$WI.1947399@typhoon.hawaii.rr.com> David Tholen wrote:
> The "fatter" oceans are due primarily to tidal effects induced
> by the Moon and secondarily the Sun.  Both of those would
> produce bulges more aligned with the ecliptic rather than
> the equator.  Those two reference frames are tilted by 23
> degrees with respect to one another.

Per my Britannicas, in Physiography of the Earth, the oceans are
relatively deeper at the equator.  The chart showing "Distribution of
elevation with latitude" shows the incidence of deep ocean floors
reducing dramatically as one gets to Latitude 80, going both north and
south.  At the equator, well over half the ocean is at a depth of -3,000
meters or more.  At a Latitude of 80, north and south, it looks like
only 10-15% is at that depth.  However, this may be coincidental to the
underlying seabed depth, not directly to the amount of water held at the
equator there by the rotation of the Earth, but is seems to support the
notion that there is more water held at the equator.

Per my Britannicas, in the section on Oceans, specifically Ocean
Currents, it shows a map of the world with the major ocean currents.
These move in the main east to west, ALONG the equator, thense swirling
when they hit land masses (Pacific Rim or east coast of the Americas or
Africa) to curl up or down to the poles, thense along the west coasts
(Americas or Europe or Africa) and round again.  These dominant currents
are called the "equatorial current" of this or that ocean. These seems
to strongly support the notion that water is PULLED to the equator, by
the rotation of the Earth.

The Zetas were using the analogy of ocean currents and the way they
bulge and curl around the equator, where the waters are slung out by the
momentum of rotation, as something the human readers of their concept
could quickly visualize.  You're quite right, Dave, that the equator
doesn't line up with the ecliptic, but the Zetas didn't say it DID.