link to Home Page

Planet X: SLOWING Rotation 1

In Article  <%OWR6.4337$Ke.814160@typhoon.hawaii.rr.com> David Tholen wrote:
> The synodic month is not the rotation rate of the Earth.
> Furthermore, the interval between successive full Moons
> is not a constant, because the Moon's orbit is elliptical,
> and full Moon does not occur at the same longitude each
> time.

I included the statistics from which I ran my numbers, and this shows
the “interval between successive full Moons” to be “not a constant”.
Didn’t you look at the table I included?  The days between full moons
are consistently 29 days, but the hours range from 10 hours to 15 hours.
And the Navy statistics are gathered from a consistent latitude, UT, to
be as precise as possible I presume.  If they keep the clocks, do you
think they’d be sloppy?

You’re not that dumb, Dave, to be missing the point.  If the face of the
full moon is appearing to take longer and longer to arrive, it means one
of two things:
1. the Moon is slowing down in its rotation, to arrive LATER
2. the Earth is rotating under the Moon more slowly, so
   arrives at the full moon viewing point LATER