link to Home Page

Re: Planet X: TUNGUSKA as Example

In Article  <tinn7e1vcm9gff@corp.supernews.com> J. William Dell wrote:
> In Article <tingvakleakt87@corp.supernews.com> Bob May wrote:
>> Guess that explains all of the meteorite type rocks embedded
>> in the windward side of all the trees in the area.
>
> Interesting answer, but not supported by the facts.
>
> Andrei Yu. Ol'khovatov, Russia, Moscow
>
> No any "Tunguska meteorite" fragments were discovered. ...
> And no large quantity of extraterrestrial dust (droplets) was
> found in the epicentral area. The results of a search for
> globally dispersed the meteorite dust also are negative
>
> Let's do our homework gentlemen!

Another Black Sheep among the flock!  A thinking man!  Who looks at the
facts, even!  And here's some more from Andrei, along those same lines:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

From Andrei Ol'khovatov <olkhovatov@mtu-net.ru>

Dear Dr.Peiser and all,

In CCNet April 10, 2001, Matthew Genge posted his opinion on presense of
extraterrestrial substance in the Tunguska epicenter. Here I'd like to
make a couple of remarks.

The isotopic ratio for Tunguska epicenter's REE measured in the place of
the most REE enrichment is the terrestrial one. Regarding C-14, its data
is rather contraversial, but the latest measurements seem to show no
significant deviations against background. And is it plausible to
propose that over the epicenter the extraterrestrial substance was
dispersed into fine microparticles during the powerful Tunguska
explosion and flew away, explaining why there was no fall out? The
latest published calculations of the hypothetic Tunguska spacebody's
explosion show that a plasma column of the remnants was to strike the
ground. So this scenario (99.999...% of the substance flew accurately
away from the epicenter!...) looks very unlikely.

But the problem is even much more deep. Where is enormous quantity of
extraterrestial substance, which the hypothetic Tunguska body was to
loose before its explosion? Indeed, according to practically all
calculations, the hypothetic Tunguska spacebody lost a significant
(probably even dominated) portion of its mass before it reached the
explosion altitude of 5-8 km. In other words, at least, a hundred
thousands tonns of extraterrestrial substance (from large fragments to
dust) must be deposited along the lower part of Tunguska spacebody
trajectory. Despite many years of careful search nothing was
discovered... By the way, a couple years ago application of just one of
the many Tunguska substance search's methods allowed easily find small
fragments of a meteorite (with initial mass of several tonns, probably),
which disintegrated over another place in Siberia in 1904...

But the substance problem is just one of many other unresolved Tunguska
mysteries. Here I can just repeat words of recently deceased leader of
Tunguska research, academician Vasil'ev that we don't know what Tunguska
was....

Sincerely,
Andrei Ol'khovatov
Moscow, Russia