link to Home Page

Re: ZetaTalk and Spaceguard UK (D8)

Magnus Nyborg

Greg Neill wrote:
> Replace M in the formula with (M+m), where M is the mass
> of the Earth and m the mass of the Moon.  Since the mass of
> the Moon is about 1/81 the mass of the Earth, that's equivalent
> to 1.012M. So the results would differ by about 1.2 percent.

Why are we ADDING the two masses together here, instead of an Inverse
Square computation?  There is obviously a lot more MASS when the two
multiply each other!  Can't get your math to fit on the same page, eh?
Just as the Zetas said!

    (M+m) = 5.9763e+24 kg + 7.3508e+22 kg = cop out
  (M1*M2) = 5.9763e+24 kg * 7.3508e+22 kg = same page

M.C. Harrison writes.