link to Home Page

Re: Pole Shifts - Should We Care?

In Article: <u9qbmtsoul2f50khk0fcao84so9evaorl7@4ax.com> David Paterson wrote:
> In fact considerable evidence seems to indicate a
> long term decline in the earth's magnetic field
> pointing to a reversal sometime between 1000 and
> 2000 years from now.

Indeed, contrary to the "no such thing" boot-stomp the last time I made
that statement, this is a geological finding.  As reported on our
Troubled Times page:

    However, mathematical analyses of the observations,
    which are routinely done every few years, show an
    overall decrease in what is called the "dipole moment"
    of the magnetic field. (See for example, C.E. Barton,
    Journal of Geomagnetism and Geoelectricity, v 49,
    123-148, 1997.) This decrease is approximately linear,
    not exponential. If it were to continue, the dipole
    moment would become zero in about 1250 years, but
    Barton points out that the dipole appears to be
    recovering from an historic high that occured about
    2000 years ago.
        Magnetic Decay
            (http://www.zetatalk.com/theword/tword14i.htm)

In Article: <u9qbmtsoul2f50khk0fcao84so9evaorl7@4ax.com> David Paterson wrote:
> However there's no correlation between pole reversals
> and the mass extinction events which have also occurred
> regularly throughout earth's history - I'm sure
> paleontologists would have been quick to spot a
> connection if one existed.

Well, actually, there IS.  Most pole shifts include poles under oceans,
the oceans being the larger part of our planet's surface, so they aren't
listed in the "wandering poles" list.  Then there's the buried hardened
magma, which may be pointing in a different direction, magnetically,
than layers on top, also missing from the "wandering poles" list.

Let's look at the recent Mastodon extinction, and when this occurred.
Intervals of approximately 3,600 years.

  Discovery Magazine, April 1999
    The heyday of the woolly mammoth was the Pleistocene Epoch,
    stretching from 1.8 million years ago to the end of the last
    ice age 11,000 years ago. Mammoths thrived particularly
    well in Siberia, where dry grasslands once stretched for
    hundreds of miles, supporting a vibrant ecosystem of mammoths,
    bison, and other jumbo herbivores. .. The mammoth fossils on
    Wrangel Island are the youngest that have ever been found.
    It was there, apparently, that mammoths made their last stand.
    They died out only 3,800 years ago.

   And quoting a Netherlands program
    Hidden up here [Wrangel Island] in the Arctic, the mammoth
    hadn't just survived the end of the ice age, it was walking
    these hills at the time of the Egyptian Pharaos, only 3500
    years ago.
        Extinction
            (http://www.zetatalk.com/info/tinfo27l.htm)

And in that Wrangel Island is now in the polar circle, unable to sustain
grass or vegetation for these herbivors, who have remained frozen solid
since their death (no summer months anymore), it would seem the crust
MOVED them there to their recent tombs.

  Intact Mammoth to be Carved from Siberian Tundra
  Reuters, July 23, 1999
    An adult woolly mammoth mummified 23,000 years ago
    under Siberia's frozen tundra will be dug out of the
    permafrost ... French explorer Bernard Buigues said
    the intact soft tissues and the hair of the Jarkov
    mammoth held out the possibility of recovering intact
    DNA. "It will be interesting to know the habits of
    this animal and what he was doing in this place that
    was a very difficult place to live," Buigues said
    ... "In the pictures we have, you see all the kinds
    of hair that the mammoth has. The colour is intact,"
    said Buigues, who is affiliated with the National
    History Museum of France. "The smell of the skin is
    also there."
        Flash Frozen
            (http://www.zetatalk.com/info/tinfo26l.htm)

Indeed, what was a large HERBIVOR doing in a place that could not
sustain vegetation, permanently frozen? Another report I have from the
Netherlands states that their scientists have discovered among the plant
remains in this mastodon a common Siberian plant blooming as in the
SPRING. Now how did it go from SPRING to endless WINTER, the deep
freeze, just like that?