link to Home Page

Re: Planetary System Similar to Sol Discovered

In Article  <sdsdsdsdsd-1808011109250001@lc0342.zianet.com> Sheep Defender wrote:
> Favorable planets with a favorable moon orbiting favorably
> around a favorable star in a favorable region of a favorable
> galaxy are so rare that anything even as complex as something
> we would recognize as a 'precocious' fish will be unlikely at
> this early stage in the unravelling of our infant universe.
> Look at the numbers! and try to come up with a wormlike
> creature which has the potential to become a sentient
> manipulator, IF it would ever get the time! (and the favorable
>  sequence of impactors and crustal collisions etc..)

Astronaut Says Aliens Have Landed
Las Vegas SUN/ Associated Press, October 13, 1997

    Former astronaut Edgar Mitchell is among those who believe
    aliens have crash-landed on Earth. Mitchell, who in 1971
    became the sixth man to walk on the moon, wants
    congressional hearings into what he calls a secret U.S.
    government that knows all about it. He believes some
    military and other planes use technology derived from alien
    spacecraft that have been captured and dissected. "When I
    went to the moon 26 years ago, it was conventional wisdom,
    religiously and philosophically, that we were still the
    biological center of the universe," Mitchell told a spiritual
    gathering called the Prophets Conference on Saturday.
    "Few, if any, thinking, knowledgeable people accept that
    theory anymore.”

The Zeta Reticuli Incident
Astronomy, December, 1974

    A faint pair of stars, 220 trillion miles away, has been
    tentatively identified as the "home base" of intelligent
    extraterrestrials who allegedly visited Earth in 1961. ...
    The two stars are known as Zeta 1 and Zeta 2 Reticuli, or
    together as simply Zeta Reticuli. They are each fifth
    magnitude stars - barely visible to the unaided eye - located
    in the obscure souther constellation Reticulum. ... an
    astronomical detective story ... A middle aged New
    Hampshire couple, Betty and Barney Hill ... Intrigued by
    the Hills' experience, J. Allen Hynek, chairman of the
    department of astronomy at Northwestern University,
    decided to investigate. Hynek described how the Hills
    recalled the details of their encounter in his book, 'The
    UFO Experience' (Henry Regnery Company, 1972): "Under
    repeated hypnosis they independently revealed what had
    supposedly happened. The two stories agreed in
    considerable detail, although neither Betty nor Barney was
    privy to what the other had said under hypnosis until much
    later.  ... One would also wonder what Betty, who has a
    master's degree in social work and is a supervisor in the
    New Hampshire Welfare Department, and Barney, who
    was on the governor of New Hampshire's Civil Rights
    Commission, would have to gain by a hoax? ... Stanton T.
    Friedman, a nuclear physicist ... has spent many hours in
    conversation with the Hills. "By no stretch of the imagination
    could anyone who knows them conclude that they were nuts,"
    he emphasizes. ... Marjorie Fish, an Ohio schoolteacher,
    amateur astronomer and member of Mensa, became involved.
    She wondered if the objects shown on the map that Betty
    Hill allegedly observed inside the vehicle might represent
    some actual pattern of celestial objects. ... Betty estimated
    the map was approximately three feet wide and two feet high
    with the pattern covering most of the map. She was standing
    about three feet away from it. She said there were many other
    stars on the map but she only (apparently) was able to
    specifically recall the prominent ones [Zeta Reticuli complex,
    exactly] connected by lines and a small distinctive triangle
    off to the left. There was no concentration of stars to
    indicate the Milky Way (galactic plane) suggesting that if it
    represented reality, it probably only contained local stars.
    There were no grid lines.