link to Home Page

Re: Planet X: Magnitude (Revisited)

In Article <oPcg7.8279$R8.123844@typhoon.hawaii.rr.com> David Tholen wrote:
> Nancy Lieder writes:
>> Back on May 15, 2001 there was a discussion on the
>> Magnitude of Planet X, at  the distance of 9 Sun-Pluto
>> distances and the Zetas described by the Zetas.
>
> Actually, there was a discussion on the magnitude of your
> so-called "Planet X" back around the time of Hale-Bopp, and
> you described it as second magnitude back then.  What
> happened?

Magnitude 2 when the total red spectrum is taken into consideration,
including INFRA-RED, which the IRAS team needed to spot it in 1983, else
THEY could not see it either.  To repeat the viewing specs last stated
on Monday, August 13th in Article <3B78528C.3AEA19C7@zetatalk.com>.

    MAGNITUDE
    Although [Planet X] at present is a magnitude 2.0,
    [when infra-red is taken into consideration]
    astronomers should include objects up to a magnitude 10
    in their image capture.
        Rogue Planet TOPIC

    The operator described the object as diffuse and of approximate
    magnitude 11.
        Lowell Sighting

In Article <oPcg7.8279$R8.123844@typhoon.hawaii.rr.com> David Tholen wrote:
> Nancy Lieder writes:
>> There was discussion that this object should be able to
>> be seen, even though only about 3 times the size of Pluto
>> as viewed at this distance and 81 times dimmer in reflecting
>> sunlight than Pluto at this distance.
>
> But you also said that it isn't reflecting ANY light from
> the Sun. Yet another one of your inconsistencies.

It's reflecting, my understanding, 81 times LESS sunlight than Plute.
Essentially, no reflection. To repeat the viewing specs last stated on
Monday, August 13th in Article <3B78528C.3AEA19C7@zetatalk.com>.

    Pluto is reflecting sunlight, and Planet X at this time is NOT,
    but does have a dull redish glow as it is a smoldering brown dwarf.
    This is what we're looking for, appearance and size wise, etc.
    - Search for an object down to Magnitude 11
    - Size in scope is 2-3 times that of Pluto
    - Is not yet reflecting sunlight (81 times less than Pluto)
    - Has a diffuse glow as is a slow-smolder brown dwarf
    - Has a redish color, so filter for red for best results
    - Brightness increase detectable not until late 2001 (by computer)
    - Coordinates per Zetas as ephemeris will not describe path
    - Distance is approximately 9 Sun-Pluto distances away
    - Retrograde motion now and dropping below ecliptic
    - Rapid passage in 2003

    REFLECTED SUNLIGHT
    As [Planet X] is too far away for reflected sunlight up until 6
    months before passage.
        ZetaTalk™ in Brightness

    DISTANCE
    [Planet X] is circling on a long elliptical orbit around
    the sun and its dead companion which lies at a distance some
    18.724 times the length from the sun to Pluto. It is not a long
    distance to be traveled in 3,657 years, especially considering
    that it transverses the solar system in 3 short months! Clearly,
    the uptick in speed is considerable, and the rate of speed as it
    floats from one binary sun to the other is sedate in comparison.
    Thus, when the passage is due in 2003, there is an exponential
    increase in speed during the last years, and this speeding up
    has already started. To compute the distance from the solar
    system on any given date, create an exponential equation which
    takes into consideration the total distance we have given for the
    sun's dead companion, the years [Planet X] takes to make
    a complete ellipse (3,657), and the approximate May 15, 2003
    date of the next passage. The distance will differ greatly, thus,
    depending upon the date.
        ZetaTalk™ in Distance