link to Home Page

Re: Planet X: Magnitude (Revisited)

In Article <91vfot8nrqtdplupjccbnaf4qruvp8mvl9@4ax.com> Bob Officer wrote:
>> A lot of speculation goes into what Sitchin's evidence
>> might actually point to.
>
> Sitchen has no evidence. He has a set of co-incidences
> connected by fantasy..

The 12th Planet, chapter Landing on Planet Earth
by Zecharia Sitchin

     In February, 1971, the United States launched Pioneer 10.
     Pioneer 10 scientists attached to it an engraved aluminum
     plaque. It attempts to tell whoever might find the plaque
     that Mankind is male and female, etc., and that [Pioneer 10]
     is from the 3rd planet of this Sun. Our astronomy is geared
     to the notion that Earth is the 3rd planet, which indeed it is
     if one begins the count from the center of our system, the Sun.
     But to someone nearing our solar system from the outside,
     the 1st planet to be encountered would be Pluto, the 2nd
     Neptune, the 3rd Uranus, the 4th Saturn, the 5th Jupiter, the
     6th Mars .. and the Earth would be 7th.

     We know today that beyond the giant planets Jupiter and
     Saturn lie more major planets, Uranus and Neptune, and a
     small planet, Pluto. But such knowledge is quiet recent.
     Uranus was discovered, through the use of improved
     telescopes, in 1781. Neptune was pinpointed by astronomers
     (guided by mathmatical calculations) in 1846. It became
     evident that Neptune was being subjected to unknown
     gravitational pull, and in 1930 Pluto (was located).

     In Assyrian times, the celestial count of a god's planet was
     often indicated by the appropriate number of symbols
     placed alongside the god's throne. Thus, a plaque depicting
     the god (of Saturn) placed 4 star symbols at his throne. Many
     cylinder seals and other graphic relics depict Mars as the 6th
     planet. A cylinder seal shows the god associated with Mars
     seated on a throne under a 6-pointed star. Ample evidence
     shows that Venus was depicted as an 8 pointed star. Other
     symbols on the seal show the Sun, much in the same manner
     we would depict it today; the Moon; and the cross, the
     symbol of the Planet of Crossing, the 12th Planet.