link to Home Page

Re: Planet X: Atomic Clock Manipulation!

In Article <d9st7.44066$OW.9725297@typhoon.hawaii.rr.com> David Tholen wrote:
> There is certainly an international agreement to keep
> atomic clocks of member countries synchronized at the
> one second level. But that doesn't mean any single
> clock is used as a "touchstone". ... The "network"
> simply allows a group average time to be derived.  ...
> No single measurement is treated as a "touchstone".

The Navy gathers info from all the other atomic clocks in the network,
and derives the proper MASTER time.  They're the touchstone.

In Article <d9st7.44066$OW.9725297@typhoon.hawaii.rr.com> David Tholen wrote:
> Nancy Lieder writes:
>> And if the major observatories are agreeing to keep mum
>> about the inbound Planet X, you think the few holders
>> of those monster atomic clocks worldwide would not ...
>> indicate what time is was, officially, in keeping with the
>> Navy line?
>
> Just how many atomic clocks do you think there are
> worldwide, Nancy? ... Just how large do you think those
> atomic clocks are, Nancy?

I gather that those that are REAL atomic clocks, not the commercial
variety which only tapes into the radio signal issued by the Navy, are,
per the quote I'm relying upon below, "unwieldy", meaning heavy and
large and not readily carried about. I would gather private individuals
do not have them, but universities or observatories or government
sponsored units have them.  In other words, the types of places that
could be leaned upon to NOT issue a statement that their clocks were not
in sync with what the Navy was pronouncing was the correct "time" in
day/hour/minute/second.

    Atomic clocks are rather unwieldy and fragile. They
    work by electrifying a vapor like strontium, cesium, or
    krypton; then sensing instruments detect the vibrations
    given off by the vapor, these vibrations are counted and
    the count is converted into time units like seconds and
    hours.

And then, from Axel: