link to Home Page

Re: Pyramids as Planet X Sighting Device??

In Article <20011024002120.14341.00001057@mb-fq.aol.com> Quick Draw wrote:
> another thing that doesn't make sense is the process of
> precession.  Any astronomer knows the earth goes
> through procession, a slow (26,000 year) wobble
> that causes the Earth's poles to point in different
> directions.  I've seen the Egyptians' view of the
> night sky, by way of a planetarium of course, and
> the stars were off by quite a bit from where they are
> today.

Was this what the Egyptians reported, or what is computed based on the
precession understanding?  If from ancient Egypt, then the changes
during the last pole shift should be taken into consideration, ala the
Piri Reis maps (quote below).  If from our understanding of precession,
our Epoch changes every 50 years, how much would this change the ACTUAL
location of something x below the ecliptic, during 3,657 years?
Remember, the exact time (based on rotation speed) when light would
flood down the tunnel in the Giant Pyramid did not matter, it was the RA
and in particular the Declination that would matter, the relationship to
where Orion was located.  Would this change, over 3,657 years, be
outside the dimensions of the tunnel?

Troubled Times page on Piri Reis Map
    Have just re-read Charriots of the Gods. It deals with
    the Piri Reis Map on pages 29/30/31. Research that
    was done by USA Navy cartographers seemed to
    indicate that the map is drawn as seen high up from
    space. It also depicts the interior, which navigators
    could not have been aware of and depicts mountain
    ranges in the Antarctica hidden for thousands of
    years under ice.
        Stephen

    The Piri Reis Map ... focuses on the western coast
    of Africa, the eastern coast of South America, and
    the northern coast of Antarctica. Piri Reis could not
    have acquired his information on this latter region
    from contemporary explorers because Antarctica
    remained undiscovered until 1818 CE ... The ice-free
    coast of Queen Maud Land shown in the map is a
    colossal puzzle because the geological evidence
    confirms that the very latest date that it could have
    been surveyed and charted in an ice-free condition is
    4000 BCE. It is not possible to pinpoint the earliest
    date that such a task could have been accomplished,
    but it seems that the Queen Maud Land littoral may
    have remained in a stable, unglaciated condition for
    at least 9,000 years before the spreading ice-cap
    swallowed it entirely. There is no civilization known
    to history that had the capacity or need to survey that
    coastline in the relevant period, i.e. between 13,000
    BCE and 4000 BCE.
        http://www.survive2012.com/pirireismap.html