link to Home Page

Re: Zetas RIGHT Again (NOT!)

In Article <3c09ad3.0111210827.59f58f42@posting.google.com> Sarah Mc wrote:
> Jeff Alderman wrote in message news:<9tg48t$str$1@mannews.swan.ac.uk>...
>> Here in the United Kingdom at least the commonly understood
>> meaning of 'naked eye' is 'without any optical aid'.  What is the
>> point of using the word 'naked' if it doesn't imply 'unclothed'.
>
> Redefine the language to meet your needs.

Naked means so many thing.  The General felt naked without his loyal
staff sargeant beside him (meaning=vulnerable and exposed).  The naked
truth (meaning no dissembling).

Redefine the language?  As in what Magnitude means?  This has several
definitions, the one used depending upon what the Zetas bashers want it
to mean at the moment.  Talk about redefining language!  Repeating the
posting done a week ago ...

Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 18:19:17 -0600
Message: <3BF45B85.FF36E6D8@zetatalk.com>
Subject: Zetas RIGHT Again!

In Article <3BEDF805.D434C2E8@home.com> Jim wrote:
> One way to try to make Zetatalk RIGHT (wouldn't
> that be unusual) is to change it.

And one way to try to make ZetaTalk WRONG is to confuse the issue!  As
in the magnification discussion which went on endlessly here on
sci.astro during April through the end of May, and again in September,
during which is became evident that there are SEVERAL ways to measure
magnitude, while the hard line ZetaTalk bashers were claiming and
insisting there were only ONE. See next post for the Zeta argument
against all this DOUBLE STANDARD.

In Article <3mdL6.16929$g61.1363687@e420r-chi1.usenetserver.com>