link to Home Page

Re: Planet X Sighting Efforts 1

In Article <3C0F9D64.5F674B75@home.com> Jim Trivia (JTRIV) wrote:
> Nancy Lieder wrote:
>>  "All I can tell you is that we don't know what it is,"
>>  Dr. Gerry Neugebauer, IRAS chief scientist for
>>  California's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and director
>>  of the Palomar Observatory for the California
>>  Institute of Technology said in an interview.
>
> You can twist this all you want, but the cold,
> stationary object spotted by IRAS in 1983 could
> not be your moving, smoldering brown dwarf.

Now we are SURE of its distance, size, and composition? The 1983 article
stated they could not BE sure of what it was, or its distance, etc.  But
Jim is sure.

    Infrared heat can be taken to mean many things,
    depending on distance, size, and composition of
    the object being sensed. A very hot object far away
    can be comparable to a barely warm object near at
    hand, or a very large object far away can be considered
    to be a smaller object close at hand, and as the
    compression caused by the mass of an object is
    considered to produce infrared rays, then a very heavy
    but cold object could be considered comparable to a
    lighter but warmer object. The scientists reading the
    IRAS findings took the 12th Planet, a.k.a. Planet X,
    to be larger, colder, and farther away, as the mind
    does not want to comprehend the alternatives.
        ZetaTalk™, Planet X
            (http://www.zetatalk.com/science/s58.htm)