link to Home Page

Re: Planet X Observatory REFUSAL #2

David Paterson wrote:
> An interesting addendum to this story - I mailed the
> SAAO out of interest (a bit cheeky I suppose, but I
> wanted to find out more about this) and their version
> is slightly different.
>
> According to the observatory they were indeed
> contacted by Sonja Jordaan who said she wanted to
> observe "a brown dwarf that was believed to be
> heading towards the inner solar system".
>
> However, rather than sending the information, she
> turned up at the observatory and refused to give any
> additional details, in particular the coordinates,
> until they agreed to let her observe.

Well that doesn't sound like Sonja.  She had written weeks before for
the coordinates, giving specific dates, and was highly professional and
exacting throughout.  The observatory has to say SOMETHING, after having
said "yes" and then doing a turnabout to say "no".

If you folks don't think this is being done, an utter refusal to allow
folks to look THERE, go try it!  Then everyone can call YOU a nutcase
here, or a cultist or disorganized, or whatever.  But at least it will
have told YOU something.  If there is nothing to hide, why not LOOK?