link to Home Page

Re: Planet X: Moon SWIRL

In Article <f0b30c00.0201210340.7a411410@posting.google.com> Jeff Root wrote:
> Nancy Lieder wrote:
>> Spin is a phenomenon that occurs regularly in nature
>> and is frequently observed on Earth, from the large
>> swirls that hurricanes form to the small tornadoes
>> in the middle of water going down the drain. The
>> fact that such a spin moves in different directions
>> when it is above or below the equator gives evidence
>> that spin is affected by factors outside of itself.
>> The phenomenon of spin is observable when the object
>> in motion is not constrained. Air and water are
>> fluid, but spinning tops or figure skaters on ice
>> also demonstrate the phenomena. The theoretical speed
>> of a spin is fastest toward the center of the spinning
>> object, a factor easily noted by comparing hurricane
>> wind speeds with those at the center of tornadoes.
>> But why the difference?
>
> The direction of rotation when water spirals down a
> drain isn't actually determined by the Coriolis effect.
> That is a pretty silly myth which is easily disproved by
> watching water flown down some drains a few times.
> Don't use your toilet bowl as an experimental drain: it
> is designed to swirl the water in the direction the water
> flows into it. Other forces affecting the direction of
> rotation of water going down a drain are much stronger
> than the Coriolis effect.

Went to my Encylopedia and looked up Coriolis effect: "The heat transfer
from the Equator to the poles causes the winds, and their general
direction of flow is modified by the Coriolis effect, by which the
Earth's rotation causes any object (including air) moving horizontally
in the Northern Hemisphere to be defected to the right of its path of
motion and in the Southern Hemisphere to the left of the path."

No pun intended, but I think you're employing shallow thinking here.
The Zetas wish to point out your falacies:

    Where easily dismissed when spin occurs in the
    atmosphere or oceans, due to the rotation of the
    Earth pulling air and water faster at the Equator,
    creating a void, this simplistic explanation of spin
    on the surface of the Earth does NOT hold in a
    controlled experiment.  Such an experiment includes
    a structure where the air or water is not ENCOURAGED
    to start its spin in any particular direction.  A
    bathtub with a pipe curving under the drain to either
    side distorts the spin and water will pool at the outside
    edges of a curve but flow faster to fill a void caused
    by the more rapid emptying of water at the inside of
    the curve. What is needed for such an experiment is a
    tank of water with a LONG pipe, ending in a closure
    that is opened so suddenly and completely that the
    water is encouraged to drop evenly.  In this setting,
    the spin occurs in accordance with the motion of the
    CORE of the Earth, as what else is affecting it?
    Air flow?  Existing currents?
        ZetaTalk™