link to Home Page

Re: Planet-X, Why "Look Around"

Openminded  (openmind@telocity.com) wrote:
> Nancy Lieder wrote:
>> Please note that:
>>  1. all dim object are SMALLER on the recent 20
>>     minute CCD
>>  2. except for the NEW object, which is LARGER
>>  3. the new 20 minute CCD also has the dim star
>>     in the 45 minute Palomar
>>  4. so the NEW blob is ....
>>
>> => NEW <=
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Palomar 45 Minute CCD
>> . <=dot
>>
>< Recent 20 Minute CCD
>> . <= dot
>> * <= new blob
>
> Give us a simple english languge explanation of
> the reason that the blob you claim is your planet is
> many 1000's of times fainter than your statement of
> its brightness and far too faint to be visible to a human
> looking through the eyepiece of a telescope.

Ah!  We’re beyond discussion of whether or not the blob is NEW, and into
discussion of magnitude.  Thank you, Dear Open Minded, for this
acknowledgement.  Zetas which to jump in here:

    Magnitude, as has been discussed endlessly on this
    Usenet, does not equate to visibility when the scope
    of the object is SMALL, as is scarsely larger than
    Pluto, and DIFFUSE, as is not having the intense
    pinpoint of light emitted by stars or planets reflecting
    sunlight as even your dot Pluto does.  M31 is allowed
    to be a Magnitude 3.7 but cannot be seen unless one
    squints the eye and trusts that what they are seeing is
    M31, because it is scattered about and thus diffuse.
    No such allowance is given to the inbound smoldering
    brown dwarf, which is likewise diffuse.  Beyond the
    many descriptions of magnitude, there is the issue of
    what the eye can see and what equipment can capture,
    what equipment has been DESIGNED to capture,
    whether pronounced such or not.  The scopes and
    imaging equipment sold to the little guy SELLS
    because it images stars, the biggie on Star Parties.
    Infrared equipment is expensive, so is safely in the
    hands of observatories which have been refusing to
    look THERE lately, with or without imaging
    equipment, as has been documented here on this
    Usenet.  Observatories are situated away from light
    pollution and have long tubes insulating against this
    so what is captured, and MAGNIFIED, can be
    discerned.  The observers who found a blob, not on
    the star charts, and essentially where our RA and Dec
    defined, last Spring, did to some degree by looking
    out the side of their eyes, a technique also described
    for seeing Pluto, by the way, by one astronomer on
    the scene in Vancouver.  Now, why did your CCD
    capture Planet X?  Because:
    1. it was THERE
    2. you used an infrared imaging device
    3. you allowed for a minimum amount of time to
       capture it, no more no less, we suspect on purpose.

    Let’s imagine you had taken a full 45 minute CCD,
    for a proper comparison to the Palomar.  Let’s
    imagine the viewing in South Africa by Sonja Jordaan
    had taken place, or Steve Havas allowed to use the
    scopes in Vancouver, perpetually closed now.  Let’s
    imagine that this brown dwarf was DEFINITIVE,
    not suggested by a bit of “noise” on your 20 minute
    CCD or by the odd behaviour of observatories.
    What would your President Bush SAY to this proven
    accuracy of ZetaTalk, already the buzz around the
    world in lunchrooms and coffee shops, though this
    not acknowledged by major media sources.  What
    would he or any leader in government say to the
    demands of those governed as to what will be
    DONE if such a passage, as the world attests to in
    its history, were to occur?  Trust me?  We’ll cross
    that bridge when we come to it?  Just keep paying
    your taxes and we’ll beef up defense spending?
    They do not WISH for this to be proven, nor does
    Open Minded wish to push what would essentially be
    the red button, except cautiously, a bit by little bit.
        ZetaTalk™