link to Home Page

Re: OK Nancy, Where Is It?

Bill Nelson (billn@spock.peak.org)

The Small Kahuna (person@company.com) wrote:
> This point is (I believe) arguable, but even if I
> give it to you, this does not prove anything except
> that there is no anecdotal evidence for axis
> migration over a very recent time period representing
> an infinitesimal percentage of the Earth's history.
> Are you suggesting that Science hang its hat on the
> *lack* of recording?

Well, but we HAVE recording, of crustal shifts, in the geography of the
Earth.  Would a swing of the magnetic field cause whales to be deposited
on mountain tops?

Earth in Upheaval, Whales in the Mountains, by Velikovsky

    Bones of whale have been found 440 feet above sea level,
    north of Lake Ontario; a skeleton of another whale was
    discovered in Vermont, more than 500 feet above sea level;
    and still another in the Montreal- Quebec area, about
    600 feet above sea level. Although the Humphrey whale
    and beluga occasionally enter the mouth of the St.
    Lawrence, they do not climb hills.

Worlds in Collision, The Tide, by Velikosky

    The traditions of many peoples persist that seas were torn
    apart and their water heaped high and thrown upon the
    continents. The traditions of the people of Peru tell that for
    a period of time the sun was not in the sky, and then the
    ocean left the shore and with a terrible din broke over the
    continent. The Choctaw Indians of Oklahoma relate: "The
    earth was plunged in darkness for a long time". Finally a
    dark light appeared in the north, "but it was mountain-high
    waves, rapidly coming nearer". According to the Lapland
    epic, after the sea-wall fell on the continent, gigantic
    waves continued to roll and dead bodies were dashed about
    in the dark waters.