link to Home Page

Re: OK Nancy, Where Is It?

Bill Nelson wrote:

> Nancy Lieder <zetatalk@zetatalk.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, but we HAVE recording, of crustal shifts, in the geography of the
>> Earth.  Would a swing of the magnetic field cause whales to be deposited
>> on mountain tops?
>
> That does not require crustal shifting. It requires either a drastic
> change in sea level or mountains being built.
>
>> Earth in Upheaval, Whales in the Mountains, by Velikovsky
>
>>     Bones of whale have been found 440 feet above sea level,
>>     north of Lake Ontario; a skeleton of another whale was
>>     discovered in Vermont, more than 500 feet above sea level;
>>     and still another in the Montreal- Quebec area, about
>>     600 feet above sea level. Although the Humphrey whale
>>     and beluga occasionally enter the mouth of the St.
>>     Lawrence, they do not climb hills.
>
> Bah. It is unlikely that the bones were from any modern whale.

Now there is a point I'm sure you have data to support...

> I used to live in Eastern Oregon. There, at an altitude of over
> 5000 feet above sea level, there are chalk cliffs. In other words,
> at one time all of Eastern Oregon was at the bottom of an ocean.
>
> If I recall correctly, the land is still rising very slowly.

OK, and so what does that mean for the past or the future?  Because its
rising slowly now does it mean it was always rising slowly and will
forever?

>>     continents. The traditions of the people of Peru tell that for
>>     a period of time the sun was not in the sky, and then the
>>     ocean left the shore and with a terrible din broke over the
>>     continent. The Choctaw Indians of Oklahoma relate: "The
>
> Big deal. The ocean receeding and then returning "with a terrible
> din" is a good description of what happens with a large tidal wave.

Except that the ocean does not meaningfully "receede" just prior to a
tidal wave, except for that brief break over.  Also, when was the last
time it was possible for a tidal wave to be in Oklahoma?

>>     earth was plunged in darkness for a long time". Finally a
>>     dark light appeared in the north, "but it was mountain-high
>>     waves, rapidly coming nearer". According to the Lapland
>>     epic, after the sea-wall fell on the continent, gigantic
>>     waves continued to roll and dead bodies were dashed about
>>     in the dark waters.
>
> Again, just describing a large tidal wave.
The Small Kahuna