link to Home Page

Re: Nancy's Goobledegock was: Re: Planet X: IMAGED

slackerattheinboxdotorg <take@guess.com> wrote in message news:<m4v67uojl15hliebga0o347lu4tk6gp09c@4ax.com>...
> On 19 Feb 2002 14:43:44 -0800, idont1@hotmail.com (Idon't) typed:
>
> >slackerattheinboxdotorg <take@guess.com> wrote in message news:<oaa57u095epu9egdqole2ka5t5bbeglo8g@4ax.com>...
> >> Of course she does! =)
> >> A good liar need to have a good memory. I especially love this part when
> >> she for a short moment forgets herself, and who's speaking, the "zetas"
> >> or herself... "and this is... um... the end of nancytalk" opps!
> >> It's 19:00 minutes into this clip.
> >
> > Yes, I have heard that clip before. Christ, if you think that you have
> > proved anything by singling out that little momentary mental lapse, I
> > hope you never stammer when you are speaking. If you do, is it
> > supposed to prove you are *making up* what you are saying??
>
> Did she studder? You seem confused. You know how she always end a
> "zetatalk" session with "and this is the end of zetatalk". Here she
> end's with "and this is... (opps, I am talking as Nancy here) um... the
> end of nancytalk"... to save the situation. Nancytalk? Now she talks
> about herself in the third person.
>
> It's painfully obvious that she forgot what role she was playing, at
> least to me. To explain this, your argument must be that she sometimes
> can't tell the difference between her "implant" and her own mind.
>
> This is my interpretation, and yours? As being an "expert" on these
> matters?

My take on that moment is that, yes,  she is accustomed to "signing
out" of Zetatalk after translating something for "them" and she simply
started to do that again out of habit. Then, she remembered that it
had been her own thoughts she had been relating and admitted that.
Yes, she "forgot", but you assume that this proves there is no second
source. I don't agree. She actually says "This is the end of... Nancy
talk, I guess.." as she simply remembered a *different* type of
mistake than you think. If she had wanted to maintain the illusion
that you perceive she could have simply gone ahead and said "...end of
Zetatalk". She actually was being *more* honest at that point - not
less.

> > Gees,
> > please try again... that was really weak. I have no objection to your
> > attempt to show that Nancy is FAKING Zetatalk, but that just didn't do
> > it.
>
> It seems to me that you are hearing only what you wan't to hear.

Sorry, but I am not invested in the conclusion you think I am. I am
simply assessing from experience.

Regards, I